The ability to change the camera’s lens is one of the major reasons to buy a DSLR camera. It affects the image quality and colors more than the camera itself so it’s very important for every photographer to try different lenses with various specifications to increase their skills and explore the true capability of the DSLR camera.
The market is full of different Canon lenses types, each one has its unique specifications and of course their various prices depending on the quality, focal length, and aperture, therefore, the lens choice is very important in order to get the required result. To summarise this market we collected the most important Canon T6 lenses with affordable prices. See the best Canon T6 Bundles
Canon Rebel T6 Lenses Buying Guide
What is the difference between EF and EF-S Lenses?
The EF and EF-S lenses describe the lens mount. The EF stands for Electro-Focusmeaning that the lens has a built-in motor for Autofocus.
EF Lenses: Have a larger image circle so they’re compatible for both Full-frame and APS-C cameras.
EF-S Lenses: Have a smaller image circle, therefore, they can cover only APS-C cameras and not compatible with full-frame cameras.
What lenses are compatible with canon rebel t6?
The Canon Rebel T6 is an APS-C format DSLR with the EF-S lens mount, therefore, any EF-S or EF lens is fully compatible with the Canon T6.
Top 4 Canon Rebel T6 Lenses
1. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM – Best Portrait Lens
The Canon EF 50mm must be at the top of your wishlist, it’s a great prime lens for beginner to get started after the kit lens and one of the most popular too. It offers great performance and image quality and fit many photography categories at a very affordable price.
Despite its small size, its result is outstanding. It has F/1.8 as maximum aperture gives you respectable performance in low-light conditions and produces a very nice shallow depth of field with beautifully blurred backgrounds makes it a great choice to get creative professional portraits.
The build quality is very nice compared to its price and offers a metal mount which is a nice upgrade compared to its predecessor’s plastic one. Its small size and lightweight (5.6 ounces) makes it very portable to carry around while traveling or personal trips.
- Aperture: 50mm (80mm equivalent focal length on Canon T6)
- Maximum Focal Length: f/1.8
- EF quiet and smooth autofocus
- Fully compatible with Canon T6 and full-frame cameras
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
The Canon EF 75-300mm is a must-have zoom lens (if you don’t yet). It offers a relatively small body compared to its zoom range, lightweight (480 g) and very budget price makes it the favorite zoom lens for most beginners.
The lens’s 300mm maximum focal length is high enough to explore far subjects and produce nice image quality and good sharpness makes it ideal for wildlife, sports and also portrait photography.
The build quality is fairly solid compared to its price. It made of tough plastic with a metal mount. The lens has USM (Ultrasonic Motor) driven AF delivers quick and quiet autofocus.
Note that the maximum aperture is f/4 so make sure to use it in good light condition to get the best result. Also using a solid tripod with high zoom range is very helpful to increase the image’s sharpness and quality.
3. Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM – Best Wide Angle Lens
The Canon T6 camera has 1.6 crop factor so getting a wide-angle lens is a great and economical solution to get wide angles of view rather than spending a lot of money on a full-frame camera, of course, you will not get the same result but very effective solution.
Not for a long time, ago the wide-angle lenses were very expensive but after Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM first announced on May 13, 2014 with inexpensive price makes it very easy for beginners to afford a wide-angle lens and they’re commonly used for landscape, architecture, and interior photography.
The lens images result are very impressive compared to its price but the F/4.5 maximum aperture forced you to use it on good light conditions which is the only downside of this lens, otherwise, it’s a must-have lens for most photographers.
- INCLUDES: Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens + Altura Photo Mini Tripod with Pistol Grip + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Wrist Strap + Altura Photo Hard-Shell Case + Altura Photo Accessory Kit + 3 Sizes MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Pouch
- HIGH PRECISION ULTRA-WIDE ZOOM LENS: Features a One Aspherical Element, an aperture range of f/4.5-5.6 to f/22-29, Enhanced Lens Coating, Optical Image Stabilizer, 7-Blade Circular Aperture and a four-group Optical Zoom System with a 67mm Filter Size.
- CANON brand accessories included: Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens + E-67 II 67mm Lens Cap + Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) + Canon Limited 1-Year Warranty
4. Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN Lens – Best Low Light Lens
Many beginner photographers struggle to buy non-Canon lenses, but they miss many features they offer like the very affordable prices and high lens specifications without affecting the quality of the image and Sigma is one of the respectable companies that make great lenses at very nice prices.
This Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN is the best lens you can get for low light photography at a budget price. It offers F1.4 maximum aperture which is the maximum number you can get in any lens gives you exceptional performance in low light places with acceptable shutter speed without the need you use a flash to get pure color images.
The lens is completely electronically controlled gives you fast and quiet focus and result in impressive shallow depth of field to get professional portraits with nice blurred backgrounds.
Also, the lens measures 64.8×73.3mm and weighs only 265g makes it easy to carry around and compatible with the Canon T6.
- This Sigma Lens Bundle from 33rd Street Camera comes with deluxe accessories.
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens - 45mm (35mm Equivalent) - Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16 - Three Aspherical Surfaces - One High-Refractive Index Element - Super Multi-Layer Coating - Stepping AF Motor - Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm - TSC Construction, Brass Bayonet Mount
- In the Bundle : Padded Lens Case - 3 Piece Filter kit (UV, CPL, FLD) - Sigma Lens Cap - Sigma Rear Cap - Lens hood